Thursday, December 4, 2014

Shifting Focus

In the media realm, there is something better than finding a great deal or synergizing different technologies together – solving a complex problem and making it simple. It’s been my motto for quite a while and I love Albert Einstein’s following quote, “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” I’ve gotten to the point where God has given me the skills to solve any problem (with and through Him only) or find/research ways to accomplish a solution.

My life experience increasingly factors into this problem solving. My thoughts blend with my actions and I take much more time for reflection now to ask who, what, when, where, why and how. I’ve incorporating that heuristic approach into my work, teaching, parenting and so many other areas.

I’ve also focused more on base Bible reading and lengthy books and less on magazines and study books other people write about God’s Word though I still keep current notes/bookmarks/etc. on the latter. For my personal R&D now and in the future.

I’m also thankful God for great joy where my selfishness or pride does not impede my feelings. God is the only one that makes this possible – “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

– James 1:2-3 (NIV)

No comments: