Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Freedom Appreciation

God’s really been speaking to me about freedom lately. I take freedom for granted and definitely fall in selfish ways at times, but my refining path (made easier with many inspiring examples/teachings) and non-stop desire to work/learn always helps. This week, I appreciated my trip up the street to the grocery store for some freely picked food items from our carefully chosen list after hearing how a local charity (co-managed by our local boss) was changing their mission giving routes because corrupt officials were taking the food resources sent for the intended recipients. Religious freedom also came to mind in our church’s recent board meeting, when we adapted a church document focused on God not the current culture. I felt more freedom in my writing work as well. The biggest freedom of all resonated with me in Galatians 5:1; not only to speak his name and practice Christian faith freely but planting it in our hearts – “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” 

No comments: